InDesign CC Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVW8AF2TMnw&ab_channel=Dansky

    This tutorial shows you 10 beginner tips for InDesign. It explains how to un-hyphenate your paragraphs, change the text case format, work with text and object containers, use drop shadows and object effects, create and edit tables, preview pages with margins and slug, scale image proportionally, crop an image, fit content to fit the frame, and display performance modes. These tips seem pretty easy and straight forward and the set up of InDesign looks similar to Photoshop. This video was very helpful and shows many tips that are I believe I will be using often. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzFYxJN-Rg&ab_channel=Dansky

    In this tutorial, it shows you how to mask with exclude overlap. He explains it as "a split text, image thing" and the final product that he makes is pretty cool. It did not require many steps and seemed very easy to do and I believe this tutorial will be helpful to me when I make my business cards. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPFEzHXOdCs&ab_channel=SatoriGraphics

    This tutorial gives you tips on how to make a booklet layout in InDesign that is perfect for print. He shows you how to add alt text and logo content, set up imagery professionally (he uses Photoshop to do this), arrange images to fit boxes perfectly, add page numbers, lay out a cover page, import a high quality back to logo, and export document for print. I thought this tutorial was really cool because it shows how you can use different Adobe applications together. I also believe that being able to make a print booklet is something that may come in handy in the real world. He explained how to this in a very easy way that I believe I would be able to do if I needed to. 

Comments

Popular Posts